Sunday, January 1, 2012

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow on Your Nails?

I don't know about you all, but this winter has been one of the warmest I have seen in a long time. This meant no snow for Christmas. So I decided I was going to take matters into my own hands (well nails that is) and add some snow into my life. Yes I talking about snowflake decorated nails. What's better than snowflakes on your nails and green grass on your lawn.

For this design I used Essie - Sweet Talker. I love this pastel color. The picture doesn't show well, but it has a very pretty shine to it. I would highly recommend this color to give a pop of color to your nails anytime of the year.

For the snowflakes I used Sally Hansen - White On. This polish is relatively thicker than other polishes and this is why I love to use it for decorating. The thicker texture allows better control of my designs. I used a small nail brush (you could also use a toothpick) to make a * shape in various areas of my nail. I then followed with Sinful Colors - Tokyo Pearl and with a doting tool filled in other areas of my nail with small dots of snow.


Warning! The next three days after I did this design it has snowed in my area. If you attempt to do this design be prepared for the repercussions, SNOW! I forgot to knock on wood that we had been snow free for so long, oh well. Hello Blizzard!

Have a Happy Winter!
Photobucket






No comments:

Post a Comment